Sunday, April 10, 2011

Knitting Retreat #15

For the 15th consecutive year, my knitting group enjoyed a great weekend at a B & B with lots of knitting, shopping, and laughing.

Shops this year:
Knitter's Palette
Steven Be
Lila and Claudines
Darn. Knit. {Anyway}
The Yarnery

The first four were all new to me and most of my group.  (The Yarnery is one of our old standbys!)

I spent a little money and added to the stack of patterns I'd like to knit and cupboard full of yarn.  I picked up two different colors of Plymouth Mushishi (but I have three different one skein patterns in mind).

I purchased one skein of Misty Alpaca Chunky with a FREE scarf pattern. I wound that into a ball last night when I couldn't sleep -- it had a knot -- most annoying.

A pink and green Zauberball for fingerless mitts.  I have to rewind and divide it into 2 balls so I can work both mitts at the same time and have my colors go the same direction.  But it is really screaming "Knit ME."  It will probably be on size 1 or 2, while the other yarns are all to be worked on 11 to 13's.

And one book: Viva Poncho.  There are two patterns I liked in it: Eleanor, a raglan poncho with a single cable up the front and back; and Greta with stockinette and reverse stockinette.  Part of what makes that extra funny is that I have an niece Eleanor (Ellie) and a sister Gretta (remember your grade school phonics, long e or short e, my sister's is really the one spelled correctly).

I also carted some works in progress with me.  I didn't finish anything, but I made some good progress on a couple of projects that just need to be wrapped up.  I'm home alone this week, so maybe I will remove something from the UFO pile for good!

No comments: