Monday, April 18, 2011

Misty Alpaca

I started and finished a project in one week.  I think that's a record for me!
Le Petite Echarpe

Referenced in my April 10th post (Misti Alpaca Chunky with a FREE scarf pattern) is finished.  The stitch pattern was fun and produced something rather different. 

I made two adjustments:
  • After the cast-on, I was ready for a wrong side, so I did a row of purl.  If I made this again, I might try a different cast-on, one without the right side/wrong side definition of the long-tail method and one that matches the pattern better.
  • I was ready for the bind off on the purl side instead of the knit side, so I improvised a bit.  I first tried a straight purl bind-off, but because it was looser and wider than the body, it flared.  The instructions had an alternative for the knit side, but not the purl side.  So I did P2tog, *P2tog, pass the previous stitch over* and repeated across.  It was ok, but then I thought the cast on looked bad, so I picked it out, and did a K2tog bind off to match at the cast on edge.  

No comments: