Saturday, May 4, 2013

Yarn, Yarn Yarn!!!

Recovering from a GLORIOUS weekend filled with friends and yarn.

The shops we visited met or exceeded our expectations. A list of my purchases:
  • 2 skeins of a hand-dyed green (Lettuce Wrap) from Sweet Georgia to make into my second Honeycomb Cowl
  • 3 skeins from Skacel, Simply Worsted.  (I saw a sample in a shop of a little girls hat that I loved, a free ravelry pattern.  I grabbed this yarn to make it and then found out after we left the shop that it was crocheted!  I should have known, but it was in the shop window and I didn't look as closely as I should have.  As soon as I looked a the picture more closely, I kicked myself, but I am a poor crocheter, so now I am not sure what will happen with these three skeins.)
  • 2 skeins or Louisa Harding Amitola for a cowl
  • a skein of panda cotton for a baby hat
  • a skein of regia for a baby hat
  • 3 skeins of a Minnesota raised and spun alpaca for a poncho (pattern I picked was designed by a MN woman that works in a shop vending at Yarnover)
  • 6 skeins from the same owner, but a different alpaca for a future shawl

And when will all this get knitted?  Who knows!

I have started the Lettuce Cowl.  I accidentally left my knitting bags at home and so had to borrow some needles and break into my new yarn right away.

No comments: